To set up comprehensive health care centres in all regions of Ghana and West African sub-regions to provide quality health care and to reach out to identified target groups in collaboration with local and international partners.
To help battle the spread of HIV/AIDS and mitigate its effects on communities by providing care and support centres, and developing and implementing pragmatic intervention programs.
STAR-Ghana Joint Project
with Hope for Future Generations and SocioServe
Positive Action for Children Fund Implementing Partners
USAID Strengthening The Care Continuum Project
Facts & Questions about HIV and AIDS:
- Pre-seminal fluids
- Rectal fluids
- Vaginal fluids
- Breast milk
- Get tested and know your partner’s HIV status.
- Use a condom correctly every time you have vaginal, anal, or oral sex.
- Limit your number of sexual partners.
- Get tested and treated for STIs. Insist that your partners get tested and treated too.
- Talk to your WAAF about pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). PrEP is an HIV prevention option for people who do not have HIV but who are at high risk of becoming infected with HIV due to a particular incident.
- Do not inject drugs. But if you do, use only sterile drug injection equipment and water and never share your equipment with others.